The Olympic Games program includes 26 sports, 30 disciplines and nearly 300 events. It is just a global event with monumental interest and cultural significance inside our world. As such, I’d like to formally submit Online Dating/Dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration of inclusion being an Olympic sport for the 2012 or 2016 games.
Think this is just another boneheaded idea from your own friends in the web dating world? Think about this:
Olympic sports are governed by International Sports Federations (IFs) who are subsequently recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the global supervisors of these respective sports. In layman terms, that means the big dog IOC lets the tiny dog IFs manage everything on a local level. Well, this type of little dog already exists in the web dating world in the form of reputable online dating websites. That is right, there are a few reputable dating websites that are sufficient to be called established “Federations.” These websites could possibly be the global governing body of online dating! That was the first step. Now to convince the IOC that online dating is a sport.
With regards to Olympic competition, consider it we could classify the online dating world into men, and women, then break it down further into specific weight classes, as well as personality types within those weight classes. These women and men would then compete with one another physically (through flirting), intellectually (through questioning) and visually (appearance). It is the perfect blend of an activity. The winning Gold medalist will have to spend years in the gym training to be physically sound, spend years in school or the library “learning” to become smart, and behind all of the muscles and misogynistic intellect, still be graceful in delivery and presence. The winner of the web dating will be perfect athlete, the Opus Olympian.
Not convinced it could work? Maybe your mind will change after reading this:
In October 2004, the IOC established an Olympic Programme Commission who’s job was to review all existing sports, and other non-recognised Olympic sports. In this review the target was to apply a systematic and category method of each sport and evaluate whether it met the criteria for inclusion in the Olympic games as a recognised Olympic sport. This Commission came up with seven criteria to judge whether a sport should be included or not.
1) History and tradition of the activity
3) Popularity of the activity
5) Athletes’ health
6) Development of the International Federation that governs the activity
7) Costs associated of hosting/playing the activity
The aforementioned seven criteria my friends is what a sport or discipline must meet to become considered for inclusion at the Olympic Games. Period.
Does Internet dating meet these 7 criteria? Lets find out:
1) History and Tradition – Check! Dating may be the oldest tradition on earth that was around before some of today’s current Olympic sports.
2) Universality – Check! I’m confident dating and the sport of interpersonal communication and sparing has universal appeal. I mean, we do it each day!
3) Popularity of the activity – Check! I’d say Dating was pretty popular. Wouldn’t you? Everybody does it. Even animals. I don’t see penguins playing Soccer or Baseball, but I really do see them date.
4) Image – Check! Dating is focused on attraction and reflecting a positive and beautiful self image. Those that partake in the activity of dating exude the best standard of image compared to any sport image or sport athlete! Who likes to date an unbathed, rude, and dirty human being? Puhleeze.
5) Athletes Health – Check! Dating athletes date, and date often. Therefore, they take their own personal health very seriously. Education about Sexually Transmitted Disease start at a age, and practicing safe sex to keep up good sexual health is the main every day routine for individuals who date.
6) Development for International Federation that governs the activity: Check! The International Federation for INTERNET DATING, a reputable dating website, would very much benefit from online dating being contained in the Olympic games.
7) Low priced of holding the activity: Check! Just how проститутки израиль does it cost to look at the person next to you and start a conversation?
In conclusion, INTERNET DATING meets all the criteria for inclusion as an Olympic sport, in many ways much better than existing Olympic sports. Consider Curling – Who’s that helping? Think about Fencing? Serious people… how on the planet is swatting somebody with a piece of wire going to benefit people or project a good self image? Give me a break.
So without further adieu, I’d like to formally submit internet dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration and recognition as a recognised Olympic Sport in the entire year 2012 or 2016…and even 2020. I’m not picky.Read More